Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Where it Counts

Aberleigh-

Our kisses we gentle, I suppose both of us were trying desperately not to hurt the other, more than we already were. I sighed at the metallic tang of blood in Marc's kiss. Damn it, Braeden... You just had to break him.

“You've got to be kidding me!! I watch you cry over him for days, now all of a sudden everything's peachy because he says he loves you? He abandoned you when you were sick, Abby!” Braeden cried spinning Marc away from me. My eyes widened as I watched him bring his fist back to land another punch. I moved to stand in between the boys, hoping that seeing me first would stop my brother.

“Brae, do not touch him. He's not a fighter, and you're seriously going to hurt him if you don't stop.” I held my breath until Braeden let go of Marc's jacket and lowered his arms to his sides; his hands still balled into fists.

“And why do I care if I 'seriously' hurt him?” He spat, glaring daggers at Marc.

“Maybe you don't...” I sighed shaking my head. He was going to make me just blurt it out wasn't he? “But do you really want your niece or nephew to come into this world with out a father?” I paused waiting for a reaction from both men. Braeden's was most visible.

“You son of a bitch! You knocked up my sister and then abandoned her?” He seethed, his face taking on a bright red colour. “I'm going to fucking kill you!”

“Braeden Jackson Michaels, STOP!” I screamed at him, both men stiffening at my tone. “He didn't know. I didn't know until this evening. Just stop...” I sighed slowly turning towards the man who's opinion actually mattered, and watched his features contort.

“Y-You're...” He looked down at me petrified. “P-Pregnant?” I bit the corner of my lip as I nodded slowly. “That's why you've been so sick?” Another nod. He wrapped his arms tightly around me, making me completely forget about Braeden. “Baby...” He whispered before pushing me away from him. I glanced around us, shocked and a bit hurt, as Marc quickly got on his knees and pulled me to him again, this time his cheek comfortably rested on my stomach. “Hi baby...” He cooed causing me to laugh gently. We stood there for about five minutes, silently, together. Our little family.

“Miss Michaels!” A sharp voice caused me to swing my head around to find a nurse standing in the doorway. “Come inside. Bring your man. You'll catch your death out here!” I nodded at her before turning back to Marc, tilting his face up to mine.

“C'mon, Rocky. They're going to let me go home soon.” He smiled brightly, jumping to his feet and kissing me roughly. “Marc...” I sighed, exhausted, pulling back from him slightly. “Just take me home...”





I woke the next morning to an empty bed. I smiled, running my hand across his pillow as I remembered the events from the night before. I had finally gotten a hold of Dr. Ashby earlier in the evening and explained why it was that I had missed my appointment. Her concern was prevalent as we rescheduled for the following day as well as an appointment with a nutritionist.

I stretched largely before climbing out of bed and throwing one of Marc's large t-shirts. Cooper met me at the top of the stairs, dancing beside me before racing down the stairs, causing me to laugh easily. He circled around me again as I reached the bottom of the stairs before running off to the front door, pawing at his leash, whining.

“After breakfast, Cooper. I'll take you for a W-A-L-K after.” I grinned as his ears perked and he dashed by me into the kitchen, barking at Marc while he cooked.

“Cooper!” He scolded, causing Cooper to dip his head in shame. “Mommy's sleeping. Shh...” He scratched the dog behind the ears before turning back to the stove. I smiled to myself as Cooper crouched on the floor next to Marc, waiting for scraps from breakfast to fall. I crept up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist breathing in that scent that I missed so much.

“Morning, Daddy...” I whispered kissing his bare back gently.

“Hey, Mommy... Good sleep?” He turned gently in my arms to face m, planting a kiss on my nose.

“Better then they have been...” I smiled up at him as his hand moved to my belly.

“And little one?” His face took on a look of concern as I cringed at my stomach flipping.

“Not happy...” I groaned, pulling away from him and into our pantry. I searched through the pantry before turning back to him. “Where are the saltines?” I groaned as I felt starving and sick at the same time.

“Behind the Cheerios.” Marc responded as my stomach flipped with crepe. “Are you okay, Abby?” He asked turning towards me as I dashed into our powder room off the front hall. I retched until I could swear there was nothing left in my stomach to come up. And even then, I threw up a little bit more. Marc came into the room in the middle of my dry heaves, pulling my hair back from my hair, afterwards both of us sprawled out on the bathroom floor. “I guess she doesn't like crepes.” Marc grinned rubbing my back gently.

“Or mommy...” I groaned against the tile, causing Marc to chuckle as my stomach growled hungrily.

“Think she'll let you eat?” He soothed offering me a clean wet toothbrush. “Mom said that toothpaste always set off her morning sickness.” He shrugged as I brushed my teeth gratefully.

“I have a doctor's appointment today, Marc. For peanut... Did you want to come with me?” I glanced at him in the mirror shyly, unsure as to what his reaction might be. And I really wanted him there.

“Really? Of course I want to be there!” He grinned running back into the kitchen before running back to me again. “Think you can eat some oatmeal?” We both laughed easily as my stomach growled.

“I think I can manage,” I grinned getting up slowly, patting Cooper's head as he appeared directly at my side. “I'm okay, Coop...” I whispered, sitting on our large chair Cooper not leaving me once. Marc shot me a weird look as he came back into the living room with two streaming bowls of oatmeal. Cooper sat next to the chair, his nose resting forlornly on the seat.

“What's wrong with him?” Marc asked softly handing me a bowl. I shrugged softly as I began to eat.

“I don't know. He's never done this before...” I watched Cooper carefully as he stared back at me with his big brown eyes. “It's like he knows something's wrong...”

“What's wrong, Cooper?” Marc called to him. His ears perked as he started to turn towards Marc. I used his distracted attention to take both bowls back into the kitchen and into the dishwasher, before running upstairs to throw on a pair of sweatpants.
I came back into the living room to find my dog and my fiancée wrestling together on the hardwood. I leaned against the door frame for a minute or two just watching them play. I moved, unseen, to the door, quietly sliding on my boots and coat before picking up Cooper's leash.

“Cooper... walk..” I called as the dog's ears perked and he shot away from Marc, all 60 lbs of him coming to a skidding halt in front of me.

“Are you sure you want to walk him alone?” Marc called, still panting on the floor.

“Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?” I asked shaking my head at him. “I've been walking Cooper alone since we got him.”

“But with...” He sighed, pulling himself up and slowly walking towards me, placing his hand lightly on my stomach. “What happens if he pulls on the leash to hard, and you fall?”

“I pick myself up and keep going. Marc, I'm not a china doll.” I laughed pecking his cheek gently. “Go get ready. When we get back, I'll have a quick shower and we'll go to the doctor's okay?” He opened his mouth to speak, causing me to stop him by placing my finger over his lips. “Okay?” I smiled as he sighed deeply before nodding.

“Twenty minutes and I'm coming to look for you!” He called as I waved to him bounding down the steps with Cooper.




I sat in the waiting room, playing with my hands until Marc took them in his.

“Arret.” He whispered. I grinned knowing at that point that he was just as nervous as I was. I mean, he was speaking French to me. He only spoke French if he was nervous or upset, or he was trying to hide something from me.

“Speak English.” I retaliated causing him to make a funny face at me.

“Aberleigh Michaels?” A nurse called out to the waiting room. Marc jumped up pulling me with him, groaning. I hate doctors.




“Well, Miss Michaels, you have two beautiful babies here.” Dr. Cashman commented nonchalantly staring at the ultrasound screen in front of him. I, on the other hand, nearly choked on my own saliva. Marc spoke the only word in my mind.

“Two?” He breathed, leaning over me, trying to see the screen better.

“Yes, Mr. Fleury.” Dr. Cashman moved the screen to show us both. “So here you see Baby 'A', the hand, and face, and here's the heart beat here. And over here is Baby 'B'...” The doctor's voice got further away from me as Marc started asking questions. Twins? I was responsible for two lives now? Oh god... I was going to be huge!

“Abby... Abby...” Marc shook my shoulder as I blinked my way back to him. “Come on baby, we can go home now.” I nodded pulling myself off the bed and pulled down my shirt.

“Marc, are we ready for two babies?” I asked genuinely concerned as he led me through the office doors.

“Of course we are. We'll handle it. We've handled everything else life's thrown at us.” He smiled holding my door open for me. “Shit! We have to go to Canadian Tire!

“What's Canadian Tire?” I asked laughing at him.

“What's Canadian Tire? It's... It's... the best store ever!” He exclaimed. “It prepares you for everything!”

“Okay... Well Canada's an awfully long drive, baby... Is there an American store similar?” I watched Marc stare at the steering wheel in concentration.

“Lowe's would be similar, I guess...” He shrugged starting the SUV and heading down the street towards Lowe's. After a quick in and out at Lowe's as I waited in the SUV as he ran in, before we turned towards Dr. Ashby's office as I jumped out of the vehicle waving as Marc drove home with his spoils.




I walked through the front door three hours later, my arms overloaded with binders and groceries from my meeting with the nutritionist.

“Marc?” I called through the house, smiling as I could hear low voices floating down from upstairs. I took the groceries into the kitchen and put them away quickly; leaving the binders on the counter I ran up the stairs two at a time. Cooper glanced up at me as I reached the top of the stairs before turning his gaze back to the guest bedroom across the hallway from the master.

“Êtes vous défini au sujet de ceci?” Kris' voice drew me into the room as Marc cursed loudly in French.

“Non, mais lui doit être fait.” He grumbled as I watched him struggle to put up siding for a... Is that a crib? He bought a crib!? I glanced around the room and found Kris on the other side, attempting to put together the same object. He bought two cribs???

“You bought cribs?” I breathed into the room, moving to the middle of it, staring between the two men on opposite sides of it.

“Of course.” Marc grunted as he forced the side he was working on together with the front. These were not going to be safe... My babies weren't sleeping in those...

“Marc... I'm only three months pregnant... I'm barely showing!” I exclaimed loudly gesturing at my barely there baby bump, hidden by my light sweater. “Besides how do you expect to put all of this furniture together? Playoffs start in two days. Or did you forget?” He mumbled something incomprehensible, causing Kris to sit back on his feet, dropping the allen wrench.

“Elle a un point.” Kris mused, causing a smile to play on my lips and Marc to turn and glare at him.

“Kris? Abbs?” Danielle's voice floated from downstairs.

“We're up here, Dani!” I called down to her, hearing her run up the stairs and into the room.

“What on Earth are you guys doing?” She glanced around as Kris pulled himself up off the floor, shrugging nonchalantly. “Why are there two cribs?” She turned to look at me as Marc wrapped his arms around my belly. “Abbs?”

“Three months... And yes, they're twins.” I smiled widely feeling Marc place a kiss on the top of my head.

“OH MY GOD!” She squealed wrapping us both in a tight hug. “That's so exciting! When are you due?”

“November 14th.” I grinned as Marc and Kris disappeared, leaving us alone with the disassembled furniture. “Well, they sure left a mess...” I sighed, picking up the instructions for the crib, and the allen wrench Marc dropped.

“You know, Abbs... This doesn't look so hard...” Dani looked over at me from Kris' crib, grinning. “Shall we?” I nodded as we sat on the ground surrounded by wood and screws, setting on our course.




“Marc...” I whispered into his ear, I knew it was early... But I didn't care... I needed him... now. “Marc...” I moaned, biting on his ear lobe, causing his eyes to flutter open as my hand trailed further and further south, until I was tracing along the waistband of his boxers. “Good morning...” I moved to kiss him passionately before moving my hand under the waistband and grazing his half-hard dick with my fingers.

“Morning...” He groaned as he twitched, becoming harder with every stroke. “What are you doing?”

“Waking you up...” I grinned tracing the vein in his neck with my tongue onto his shoulder, as I fully wrapped my hand around his now hard erection. “Marc... I need you to help me with something...” I grinned up at him, letting go of his dick to pull down his boxers.

“Anything, Abby... Just ask...” He sighed with pleasure, as I allowed my breasts to graze him while pulling off his shorts.

“I need you.” I whispered, climbing back up him slowly, straddling his upper thighs.

“You have me, Abby...” He looked at me confused. I ran my fingernail lightly up his shaft, causing him to twitch from the sensation.

“No Marc... I need you.” I emphasized, tracing his inner thighs lightly.

“But... Abby. We can't!” He exclaimed, causing my brow to furrow in confusion. “The babies...” He whispered moving his hands from my calves to my tiny bump. “I... I don't want to hurt them.” I rolled my eyes exasperated, groaning loudly.

“Marc, they're the size of peanuts!” I mimicked their size with my fingers before leaning over him, and licking up his neck to his ear before whispering my next truth. “Besides... Marc... Love of my life... Hunny... You're not that big.”

5 comments:

  1. Oh this was just too fantastic. I can't decide what my favorite line was... it was either "C'mon Rocky" or "You're not that big." Oh, it's a tie! I can't decide!

    Sooo much happened! Oh my goodness, twins! The Canadian Tire vs Lowe's thing was pretty funny. I hope Braeden is going to be cool with Marc after this. And Kris trying to help him with the cribs.... I'm all swoony and melty right now. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    1. "What's Canadian Tire?" That was me when I moved to Canada. Totally thought it was a tire store, had no idea. NO IDEA.

    2. "Marc grunted as he forced the side he was working on together with the front. These were not going to be safe... My babies weren't sleeping in those..."
    HAHAHAHAHA. That's just classic.

    3. “Besides... Marc... Love of my life... Hunny... You're not that big.”
    Way to butter him up then shoot him down!! My mouth literally dropped open when I read that. I couldn't believe it. Then of course I began laughing probably a little TOO loud. But that's damn funny, and damn wrong at the same time.

    LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEDDDD it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. classic one liners in this. excuse my american ignorance what is canadian tire???

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?site=WebStore

    That's the easiest way to explain the thing that is Canadian Tire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, TWINS!!!!! SO cool!! Great update!!

    ReplyDelete