Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nothing ever changes... Even when it does

Aberleigh-

“Who's going to take care of me if you get sick?” I watched as his beautiful bottom lip jutted out, as his liquid chocolate eyes melted any anger at myself or anyone else causing me to sigh deeply and curl into the bed next to him. I curled straight into him, not wanting him to see my guilty tears as I knew he felt simply horrible, physically.

I waited only five minutes before his whole body relaxed in sleep, before reaching up and gently feeling his forehead. Scorching! Oh goodness... I bit my lip, concerned for him, as I slowly slid out of his arms and down into the kitchen. My loathed kitchen.

A soft smile played on my lips as I ran my fingers across the dark wood of our table. Our well used table. I blushed as I remembered what had happened mere days before. Maybe Marc's right.... Maybe... My thoughts wandered to the bright side of my brain; the side filled with sun shine and rainbows. The side I saved simply for him. And thoughts of him, memories of him... Fantasies... I had to shake the thoughts physically away from me, getting more turned on by the second. What kind of girl wants to jump her ill boyfriend? Fiancée. My smile grew as I glanced at the beautiful ring resting on the third finger of my left hand.

He truly was perfect. I chuckled softly to myself as I pulled a pot out of the cupboard, pulled a large container of soup out of the freezer and emptied it into the pot, turning it on medium heat. I leaned against the counter, turning the frozen soup over in the pot every once in a while. What would compliment Emma's chicken noodle soup? I search through the fridge coming across a bottle of milk about 3 days past it's expiry date. I smiled softly to myself as I opened the carton and smelled the contents. Perfect Buttermilk.

Soda Bread...” I smiled pulling out one of the large bowls from the corner cupboard and preheated the oven. I pulled all the needed ingredients out of the pantry and began to prepare the bread from memory, stirring the soup every few minutes. After kneading and forming the bread I slid it into the oven easily. My attention returned to the soup as I heard a chair scrape at the table. I turned towards the sound to find Marc, bundled tightly in a blanket sitting at our table. “Marc...” I sighed crossing over to him, resting my hands on his shoulders. “You should be in bed... Sleeping.” I felt his forehead. He was burning up.

“I'll be okay...” He mumbled, resting his cheek on my hand.

“Baby... You're burning up. I really need you to go back upstairs, I'll bring up some soup in about ten minutes ok?” He nodded slowly, allowing me to press a soft kiss against his forehead before raising out of his chair and slowly made his way back upstairs.

Ten minutes later I carefully carried a tray with two bowls, the loaf of soda bread, a tea pot full of tea and two cups up the stairs. I slid into our room and sat next to him, as he pulled himself up into a sitting position.

“Smells good baby... What'd you make?” He smiled weakly as I placed the tray on his laps.

“It's Emma's chicken noodle soup and soda bread. We'd always get it when we were sick.” I smiled sweetly. “Well... mine was just broth.” I shrugged. He stared at me carefully. “It's the same as yours, Marc.” I laughed showing him a heavy spoonful of soup, filled with vegetables, chicken and noodles. “Now... You need to eat.” I smiled brightly as he started to eat slowly, pausing as I took my first bite as well. Both of us took a piece of bread, Marc ate his plain, I dunked mine in the soup before eating it. He smiled softly to himself leaning back against the headboard watching me eat next to him.




“So, Aberleigh, how are you feeling today?” Dr. Ashby asked easily as I sat across from her.

“I feel good today. I'm starting... I think....” I sighed staring at my fingernails. “I think I'm starting to feel comfortable with... Where I am. How I'm feeling...” I spun my engagement ring around my finger avoiding the doctors glance.

“How is the planning going?” She asked softly nodding at my hand.

“I think... I think we need to postpone it... A year...” I sighed staring at the perfect stone in the center. “I just don't know how to tell Marc...”

“Aberleigh, you have to be honest with him. And calm...” She smiled at me in a motherly fashion. “Just explain to him that it's too much for you right now. And that you need to focus on getting better, not planning a wedding. And I'm not saying stop planning completely, but take it slowly.” I nodded, turning my glance back up to her. “Plan for next year. Just after the season. Take the summer, start there. Decide where and when, and work from there. One step at a time.” My face formed a slight smile as I let the information seep in.

“Thanks, Dr. Ashby. I think I will...” I stood from her desk slowly.

“Aberleigh... I think you're ready to leave the program.” I stared at her shocked. I was ready? Really? “I still want to see you twice a week for therapy. But I think you'll do well. We can reassess in a few weeks.” I smiled and nodded at her slowly.

“Thank you...” I breathed before leaving the building quickly.




“Marc?” I called out, entering the house cautiously. “Marc? Baby?” I turned quickly upstairs, finding his bag half-packed sitting on the bed, for his week long road trip. “Where could you be?” I mused softly to myself. I turned back to head downstairs, searching for Marc. I needed to talk to him him. Before he left...

I went into the kitchen to find... my table was gone? “Marc? What is going on?” Turning I caught a glimpse of Max, and... Sidney? “Max!” I ran down the hall after them. “Sidney. What is going on here?”

“Abbs?” Sidney turned around to meet me. “Wha.. What are you doing home? Flower said you had... well...”

“I was let out for good behaviour.” I grinned. “Where's Marc?”

“Ummm... he... uh...” Sidney shifted his weight, causing me to cross my arms gently.

“Talbo! Sid!” I heard Marc's voice from a room off the back hallway. “Guys, where did you guys go? We're not done yet!” I smiled as his frame slowly came into the hall. “Abby? What are you doing home? What happened to the program?”

“I'm done... Kind of... Marc... We... need--” He closed the gap between us stopping my words easily with his lips. “Marc...” I sighed, relaxing into his arms.

“Abby...” He grinned, running his fingers through my hair. “I have something for you.” He took my hand and pulled me with him gently into the far room. A room that now held my dinning table. “It's our new dinning room.” It was lit by a beautiful crystal chandelier. The table had a beautiful set of bone china. Jordan and Geno were crouched into the corners.

“Marc.. It's beautiful.” I breathed hugging him tightly. “Now... I'd love to thank you properly... but you have to kick your friends out first...” I grinned up at him, licking my lips at him. I stood up onto my tip toes and kissed the underside of his jaw before turning up the stairs to our room. I giggled as I heard a scuffle downstairs as the door slammed shut. I disappeared into the bathroom as I heard Marc storm up the stairs.

“Abby...” He breathed as I heard him come into our room. “Come on, Abby...” I chuckled hearing him scuffle around the room, opening closets, and looking under sheets. I slowly opened the door to the bathroom leaning against the frame dressed in a simple black corset. “Wow...” He whispered causing a blush to cross my cheeks as I started towards him slowly. I laughed softly as he pulled his shirt easily over his head and shed his jeans almost as quickly.

“I'm supposed to be thanking you...” I grinned as he ran his hands down my sides, landing just under my breasts.

“For what?” The huskiness in his voice making me almost completely forget why I was here.

“My beautiful new dining room, my ring, my life...” I whispered trailing kisses simply from his shoulder down his chest, pausing at his belly button, as he hands found my hair. I grinned as I moved lower still, hearing him choke on words that he wanted to say. I ran my fingers down his erection sitting at full attention near my cheek. His gasp egged me on as I ran my tongue from his inner thigh, over his balls, lavishing as much attention as he would let me before finally moving to his shaft. My fingers quickly followed in pursuit of my tongue before taking him completely into my mouth. I moved my eyes up to look at him, as I slowly rolled my tongue over him, his eyes closing gently as he moaned my name.

“Abby... Baby...” He groaned as I began to move my mouth over him with more speed, taking his balls gently in my right hand and teasing them. “Abby!” He cried, tugging my hair as he pulled himself out of me to empty himself over my chest. “Baby...” He whispered joining me on his knees.

“Care to help me clean up?” I grinned standing slowly, sashaying into the bathroom while undoing the corset, leaving it at the doorway as I went to turn on the shower. I barely had time to step under the jets before a pair of strong arms pushed me against the back wall, lifting me up as he stepped between my legs.

“Now it's my time to thank you.” He whispered gently biting my earlobe, and guiding himself into me.

“For what?” I gasped, holding onto him for dear life, burying my face into his neck.

“For being my life...” He grunted slamming into me again. “Abby...” He sighed as he began to pick up speed.

“Oh god... Marc... I'm almost...” I sighed as my body shook and then completely relaxed around him, causing me to smile as I felt his own end take him. “Wow...” I whispered as we slowly untangled ourselves, him placing me under the water and grabbing the shampoo to lather my hair.

“I really wish I didn't have to leave now...” He grinned, massaging the liquid into my scalp. “We could try for round two..”

“Mmm..” I sighed rinsing the shampoo out of my hair. “As much fun as that sounds. You've got to go show those Panthers that only true Northerners know how to play hockey.” He laughed as he slathered my hair with conditioner, leaning me once again under the jets.




A week and a half... I haven't seen Marc in a week in a half. Sure we spoke throughout the day, every day. But it wasn't the same. I hadn't been able to hold him, or talk to him about what needed to be talked about. Yes... I still hadn't talk to him about postponing the wedding until next year. I never had the chance! By the time we were finally done in the shower he needed to leave for the airport on his road trip. Now... Now he was finally home. Well... back in Pittsburgh, I still hadn't seen him yet. I sighed deeply as Danielle and I made our way down towards the dressing room. The game hadn't been good. The boys loosing 5-2 against Philadelphia. Marc was not going to be in a good mood...

“Abbs... It'll be ok... We'll just take them home and make them forget about the loss.” She grinned as we paused at the lounge door. I nodded slowly taking a step towards the lounge as my stomach flipped, the intermittent nausea I had been feeling for the past two days returning full force. Dani glanced at me, concern posted on her face. “Abbs...?” She called after me as I ran into the washroom, barely making it to the toilet before throwing up.

Five minutes later I rested my cheek against the cool tiles of the wall, trying to calm my stomach down enough to stand and find Marc. But it seemed I didn't have to... The door swung open harshly and Marc ran through, his eyes filled with fear and concern.

“Baby...” he whispered, as I smiled weakly up at him. “Are you ok?” He slid onto the ground next to me. This floor was disgusting. He was getting his suit dirty! “Is it the flu?” I gently shook my head as he placed his hand on my forehead and then my cheeks. “Your not warm.” His sigh grew heavy as he glanced at the floor. “You were doing so good, Abby.”

“This wasn't my choice, Marc. It's involuntary I swear.” I took his hand, causing him to look up at me. “It's not just today either. Nothing's staying down. I don't feel sick... Not all day anyways. Just-”

“Abby, please... don't lie to me.” He growled pulling himself up. “I think... I think you should go to Braeden's tonight... I just... I can't Abby... Not again.”

“Marc!” I cried, trying to quickly scramble to my feet and not get sick as he stormed out of the small room. “Marc.. It's not what you think!” I started down the hallway after him as a pair of strong arms caught me.

“Abbs... It's best if you just leave him right now... Flower's... Well... His head's not right tonight. Let him sleep it off... He'll call.” Sid's voice sighed as he rubbed my back gently. “Why don't we get you to Braeden's place... I'm sure Flower'll call you tomorrow...” I nodded against him, feeling too numb to even cry over it all.




The next day, I sat curled up in my old arm chair, in my old library sipping the ginger tea that Braeden had made for me to keep my stomach calm.

“Have you tried-” Braeden started, stopping just as quickly as he saw the tears streaming down my face. “Abby...” He sighed sitting next to me, placing a plate of soft bread and fruit on the table next to us.

“He won't answer... And when he does... He just tells me to stop calling...” I sobbed curling myself into a tighter ball.

“Abby... Just... I'll be right back...” Braeden's voice took on a hard edge as he rose from the chair. “Try and eat something... It might help.” I nodded as he stomped just outside of the room, still in hearing distance. “Don't you fucking dare hang up the phone Frenchie!” He yelled at Marc... I assumed. “Fuck you, man! I've been watching her all day!... She fucking has eaten!... Not yet... No... Actually she looks exhausted.” I yawned softly, my eyes closing against my will. “Well, if you can't help her Marc-Andre... Then stay away from her. I'll help her.... Yah well Fuck you, Man. Not even staying with your fiancée while she's sick. Nice.” I sighed, tears caressing my cheeks as I let sleep take over.

4 comments:

  1. NOOOOO.

    I seriously want to cry, but I'm at work and I'm trying not to look spastic. They were doing so good! I have been reduced to a snivelling mess.

    This can't be happening. The post was really good I'm just... emotional now.

    You guys are just cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update!! I'm so sad that he is treating her like this, he is being such a jerk!! Poor Abby worked so hard to overcome her eating issues and now he is being like this to her!! Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like they may not want to postpone that wedding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, You're killing me. You've given me the picture of the perfect man MAF, and now he's being a creep. This can't be happening. I'm sure you'll fix it all soon enough. Put that smile back on my face.

    Seriously Great Chapter!

    ReplyDelete