Tuesday, September 22, 2009

As Long As She's Smiling...

“You know... there's more than enough room for two in here...” Abby bit timidly on her lip as I felt my jaw hit the floor.

Is she… did that… did she… ugh... “A... are you sure?” I could hardly form words as I started at her form; the bubbles just reaching up to cover her…

“Don't worry...” She grinned, causing my breath to catch in my throat. “I won't look...” My laugh borderd on hysterics as she turned away from me, gently covering her eyes with her hand.

I untied my bathroom and it fell gently open. I shrugged myself out of it and tossed it over onto the towel rack. I slid over the side of the tub and into the warm water; Abby opened her eyes and gave me a brief smile before she laid back against the ceramic. Ohgod-ohgod-ohgod...
I slid towards her, pulling her feet up onto my lap. I took one in my hands, gently rubbing my thumbs along the bottom. She let out a moan, causing a grin to spread across my face, as I increased the pressure.
I slowly moved my hands upwards, unable to stay away from her any longer. My hands lightly traced the outline of her legs, then her thighs; getting closer and closer.
Finally pulling her into my lap; I felt her brush against me, causing me to exhale loudly. I looked up into her eyes, trying to keep my gaze up as I caught sight of her naked chest in my peripheral vision. I felt my face heat up as my hand moved towards her left breast, gently brushing the remnants of bubbles away from her nipple.
Abby tipped her head back slightly as a moan escaped her lips. Don't screw this up... please god, don't screw this up... Coaxing her face back down to me I hastily pulled her into a intense kiss; trying to control myself.

Her tongue moved in to meet mine just as I pulled away; the sensation on her mouth about to drain the last of my willpower. I didn’t want this to happen fast, I didn’t want go to quickly or rush anything. I loved the feeling of her ontop of me; I wanted nothing more than the spend the rest of the night like this, caressing her… exploring her…
I brought my knee up, pushing her closer towards me as I traced my tongue down her neck and onto her collarbone.
Oh no... I thought silently, as both of my hands moved on their own accord, grabbing onto her breasts before my mouth followed. I pulled one of her nipples into my mouth as I stifled a moan; instead sighing as I allowed my teeth to gently clasp against her.
She gasped and I pulled away slightly; crap, bad Marc… what did I do?
I looked up into her face, expecting to find her angry or freaked out, but instead she was smiling down at me. I closed my eyes as her hands ran through my hair, allowing me to move my lips back against her.
She began to move away, pulling my face to hers and kissing me, hard. I kissed her back, passion causing my lips to move rapidly on top of hers. Again she moved away, this time pursing her lips and moving them down over my neck… collarbone…
I was doing my best to be behaved but I was approaching my limit, I needed to have her. I brought my hands down around her thighs and began to pull her against me. I need her so bad…

“Flower? Abbs?? Where the hell are you guys?!” My eyes grew wide as Abby‘s head banged into my chin. No. No... nononononononono!

“You think they're in there, Max?” Jordan’s voice drifted outside the door and I turned around quickly, reaching for the towels.

“I know they are!” Max yelled back, pulling the door open - seconds after we covered up.

“MAX!” I spat, trying to control the rage in my voice. “Get the hell out of here!” Abby pushed her face into my chest, I knew she was mortified. Way to go Max… if anyone can ruin a moment…

“C'mon, Flower. PAR-TAY!” Max started to do a dance in the doorway. “Hi Abbs.” He added as an afterthought. “Put some clothes on... and come downstairs. The guys are here!” He turned and left, leaving the bathroom door open. You can’t kill him… people would be mad… he’s your friend… you shouldn’t kill him… I tried to reason with myself, but all ideas were pointing at the fact that I needed to kill Max… ugh! How could he do this to me?


“Jesus… I feel like we walked in on a séance… what the hell were you guys doing?” I stared incredulity at Jordan as I headed down the stairs, Abby in tow. The room that I had spent so long trying to prepare, now really did resemble something from a ghost story.
The candles were still burning, everywhere; but the presence of so many people had sucked the romance and sensuality right out of the air. I sighed as we reached the bottom, Abby staying behind me, nuzzling into my back as I headed into the kitchen.

“Are you ok Marc?” She asked quietly as bent down to grab a beer from the fridge.

I shook my head. “Remind me again why it would be a bad idea to kill Max?” I turned around to face her, finding her laughing at me quietly.

“It’s not so bad… they can’t stay here all night, right?” Exhaling loudly, I pulled her back against me; wishing instantly that I hadn’t. Her clean, soapy scent started to assault me again as the warmth of her body brought back all the memories from upstairs.

“Let’s hope not…” I groaned, kissing the top of her head.


“I’m not moving, you get it!” I yelled at Max. I was sitting on the couch with Abby in my lap, laughing as Jordan, TK, Geno and Sidney shouted back and forth at each other; playing NHL on my Xbox.

“Fine!” Max groaned, reaching out his hand to pick up the phone. “Flower residence… hey… yah… alright. What are you wearing right now? … it is not! Why… how old are you now? … oh well, forget it I said then.” Max pulled the phone away from his face, “Flower, your sister’s on the phone.”

Abby started to laugh as I shook my head. She moved off me, allowing me to get up; I crossed the room and took the phone from Max.

“Hey Mary, what’s up?”

“Marc! I need your help!”

My blood pressure started rising immediately; hearing Mary in distress was something I wasn’t able to cope with. “Why? What’s going on?”

“Vero! It’s Vero! She-”

“She’s not my problem anymore Mary.” I said sternly, earning a sob from my sister.

“Oh well, I guess you don’t care that she’s dating Pierre now… PIERRE!”

My breath caught in my throat and I glanced around the room, wondering if anyone had noticed the sheer look of terror that had crossed my face. “Alright, I’ll give her a call tomorr-”

“No… now… please, Marc!”

“Alright, bye.” I hung up and looked at Abby; oblivious on the couch. I didn’t want to do this… everything was so perfect, I didn’t want to do something that might screw it up; but I had to. I couldn’t stand here and do nothing. If anything happened to Vero… I knew I’d blame myself.

I dialed in her number, positive that everyone in the room knew what I was doing; I could feel my face heating up. Luckily it was her that answered the phone - so I didn’t need to say her name out loud. “What in God’s name are you thinking?”

“What are you talking about Marc-Andre?”

“Pierre?… really? Have you lost your mind?!”

She didn’t answer for a minute. “Jealous?” There was sarcasm in her voice, but there was also something else; hope?

“No. Just wonder at what point you decided to date the biggest asshole in the world-”

“Marc! It’s been years since you’ve talked to him. People change-”

“Not women-beating assholes. They don’t change. You don’t think I haven’t seen this before? I know him, I know him better than you… I’ve seen what he’s capable of.”

She sighed, apparently out of patience with my rant. “He’s been nothing but nice to me Marc… he’s been a good friend.”

“Please… think about this. He’s always a nice guy until he beats someone senseless. Did you forget about Olivia? Remember in grade ten, when he broke her nose?”

“She fell Marc, and I’m done of this conversation.” I snorted in response.

“Fine. Don’t come crying to me when this goes south.” I spat, slamming down the receiver.

I turned back around to face the room; Abby was watching me, concern on her face. I gave her a weak grin and headed back over to her. “Everything ok?”

“Yah… just some… boy trouble.” I pulled her back onto my lap and pressed my face into the crook of her neck. She nodded slowly, letting out a contented sigh as she relaxed against me.



When I woke up, I was alone in bed. Abby had fallen asleep on the couch, before the guys had left; so I had carried her up here. Now, I wasn’t sure where she was.
I sighed and looked at the clock - still a while left before I need to get up. I rolled over and listened to the quiet house, realizing it wasn’t so quiet.
I crawled out of bed, tip-toeing into the hallway, before I recognized the voices. Abby was talking to Kris. Wicked! Kris is out of the hospital…
A giant grin spread across my face as I headed down the stairs; stopping once again, as I heard my name mentioned.

“How did that go?” Kris was asking.

“Alright… I mean… I thought he was breaking up with me at first. I couldn’t figure out why he was going to do it in front of her, I figured he was using it as a way to get her back.” Kris chuckled slightly as she finished. I could picture him shaking his head.

“You know better now I’m sure? He’s got it pretty bad for you…”

Abby sighed. “I know… I mean… I guess. God Kris, it’s just too unbelievable. Why would he want me? It doesn’t make sense. Sometimes I think he just feels sorry for me-”

“Abby, you know that’s not true. Marc’s in love with you, trust me. He might not have said it yet, but he doesn’t have to. As far as Flower’s concerned, the sun rises and sets on you.” I heard Abby sigh again as a chair scraped across the floor. “I got to get going… tell Flower I stopped by.”

“I will…” I got up quickly and headed back up the stairs, not wanting to be caught eavesdropping. “Oh Kris! One more thing… I was meaning to ask you this. That day, at the hotel with Vero; Marc said something about me, I was wondering if you could translate it for me?”

I cocked my head to the side as I heard Kris agree; what is she talking about?

“He said… Abby est mon monde entier maintenant… or something like that… do you know what that means?”

I started to chuckle at the same time as Kris. “Yah… he said this to Vero? It means.. Abby is my whole world now…” I heard Abby inhale sharply as Kris headed for the door. He turned to say goodbye again; catching sight of me at the top or the banister. He gave me a wink, before closing the door behind me.
Abby came around the corner, jumping at the sight of me.

“Eavesdropping much?” She blushed slightly as she came up the stairs towards me.

“Nosy much?” I countered as she reached me, pulling her against my chest. I wasn't sure what to say; I felt awkward. Was that too much? Should I be worried that she knows what I think about her now? “So… I have to go to practice but then… we’ll head out for New York?” She nodded against me. “Alright, Braeden is meeting us here?” Again she nodded as I pulled her up the stairs.

The plan was for Braeden, Abby and I to drive to New York together. They would come watch my game against the Rangers and then we’d go to her parent’s house for Thanksgiving; a thought that terrified me.
Abby didn’t have the best relationship with her parents, I really hoped that they didn’t disown her because of me… They're just parents, I reminded myself, it can't be that nerve-wrecking.



“Watch out Maxime…” I called as I backhanded him across the helmet with my blocker.

“Damn Flower! What’s that about?”

“It’s about last night, you dick!” A look of comprehension crossed his face as he started to grin at me.

“Oh yah… well it's your fault! Why would you give me a key if you're just gonna be having sex all over the place?!” My jaw dropped and I started to dispute him; but he was already gone.
I laughed as Sidney caught my eye grinning; two seconds later he was knocking Max into the boards - as we had planned.

“Oh come on! What’s up with everyone today?! National hate on Talbot day or something?” I grinned to myself as I watched him getting back on his feet; he had no idea what I had in store for him this practice…


The bags were packed and ready at the back door; and Max still wouldn’t get off the couch. “Oh! It hurts…” He groaned, trying to get Abby’s attention.

“Max… seriously. Get out. We need to leave, Braeden’s going to be here any minute.” In response, Max let out another groan, earning a chuckle from Abby as she came into the living room.

“Alright Max, what’s wrong?”

“Do you have any idea what your boyfriend did to me today!? Slapped in the face by a blocker, slap-shots to the stomach, tripped… I became the team’s punching bag!” Abby looked from Max to me, trying to discern if he was telling the truth.

“I told them about Max’s little barge in last night… apparently Sidney, Bill and Gonch decided he needed to be taught some manners…” She turned a slight shade of pink as she let out a chuckle.

“Well… serves you right.” She said, wrapping her arm around my waist.

Max sighed elaborately, “et tu, Abby?”




“Alright well… I’ll see you after the game, ok babe?” I drew Abby towards me and kissed her loving on the lips before letting her follow Brae down the hall.
I had initially been afraid about the drive up. After all, hours in a car with my girlfriend’s brother, had bad written all over it. Surprisingly though, it went great. Abby had told me that Braeden was a huge Ranger’s fan growing up; turns out she was right. Bribing Braeden with great seats was enough to make him forget about all the time I had screwed things up with his sister, and welcome me in with open arms. Now, if only I knew what was wrong with Abby? She had been distant and a bit testy since we left Pittsburgh; I need to put her pretty smile back on her face...

“Hey Marc!” I turned back down the way Abby and Brae had just left. “You gonna show Abby how you can spin like a ballerina?”

“What’s he talking about?” Abby asked loudly, turning around to face Braeden.

I shook my head and tried to keep the grin off my face. “I’ll see you guys after!”



We were winning; 4-1, with only 2 minutes left in the game. I turned to my left to see Abby and Braeden laughing together. Geno had just gotten into a fight and the refs were busy trying to sort it out. I sighed, and looked back at Abby.
This time, her and her brother were watching me; the latter twirling his finger in a vertical circle. I sighed and started to laugh; might as well…

I took two strides away from the net and twirled; caught off guard by the reaction. Of course my team was going to laugh, but the audience erupted into cheers. I shook my head and skated back; looking up in time see Abby laughing along with Brae. I blame youtube... I laughed at myself as I looked back up at Abby. I was going to get jazzed on for that in the locker-room, but who cares... as long as she's smiling?



“Some game man! That save in the last period… wow!” I laughed as Braeden jabbered in the back about the game; turning slightly to look at Abby. She was shaking her head and smiling slightly.

I noticed she was focused on nothing in particular, as her eyes zoned out. She had seemed animated all day; I had a feel it had to do with this weekend. Are you parents really that bad, babe? I thought silently as I turned my eyes back to the road.

I giant house loomed out of the darkness, expanding across my vision. Holy shit! “This is your house?” I asked softly, trying to conceal my awe. This place makes Mario’s house look like a bungalow… and my house look like a shed...

“Home sweet home!” Brae chimed from the backseat, causing me to chuckle in disbelief as I pulled my Rover up the drive.

As soon as the car was in park, Brae jumped out and hurried up the steps, pulling the door open and walking through.

I looked over at Abby. The look on her face told me that this was the last place she wanted to be. “You alright babe?” She nodded slowly, turning to face me. “Hey…” I grabbed her hand and pulled it to my mouth, kissing it gently. “It’s gonna be ok… promise.” She gave me a weak smile and opened the car door.
I followed her up the steps, stopping just outside the front door. “I think your door is worth more than my life…” I laughed as I took the massive, decorative frame in; if the rest of her house is like this…

I watched Abby try to compose herself as she reached for the handle. She retracted her hand back quickly as the door was pulled open. “You must be Marc! I’ve heard so much about you!”
A woman grabbed me and pulled me down for a hug. I stared at Abby, confused and afraid… she looked more worried than I did.

“You must be Abby’s mother… it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” She laughed and ushered me inside. I was surprised, she seemed overtly friendly, but hadn’t even acknowledged Abby yet.

“So Marc, tell us everything!” I gulped as I entered the front entry; it looked like the lobby of an upscale hotel. “Oh Aberleigh… just because you’ve got a boyfriend doesn’t mean you should let yourself go like that! What have you been eating?”
I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to face Abby. She looked small and childlike as she stood underneath the intense glare of her mother. She’s tiny… what in god’s name is she talking about? Abby, upon seeing me stare, gave me a small smile. I reached for her hand and she took it; as together we began the trek through her house.
This weekend might be more nerve-wrecking than I thought.

4 comments:

  1. "Is she… did that… did she… ugh... “A... are you sure?”" Ahaha, soo awesome.

    “Flower residence… hey… yah… alright. What are you wearing right now? … it is not! Why… how old are you now? … oh well, forget it I said then.” Max pulled the phone away from his face, “Flower, your sister’s on the phone.”
    --I lost it right here. Flat out LOST IT.

    National Hate on Talbot Day... No one can hate Talbo. Not for long, anyway.

    “You gonna show Abby how you can spin like a ballerina?”--YES! Must watch it on YouTube now.

    “I think your door is worth more than my life…” I don't know why I thought that was so funny, but I did.

    Poor Abby. Thanksgiving sounds like it's going to be disastrous.. :S Here's hoping MAF makes it easier on her.

    Soo good, Zigh! It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The sun rises and sets on you.”

    Mr. Letang.. I'm still waiting for you. You always make my heart swoon.. :-) haha

    And you were worried... it was great, like always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So mom is to blame for her weight/eating problem. I don't like mom. At all. Nope.

    But I do love Marc. He's perfect. leswoon.

    And Max... omg. Oh Maxime...

    ReplyDelete