Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trouble with a capital T

Aberleigh -

I stood at the bar next to Danielle watching people, as she rambled on and on about her day. My stomach groan in protest again as I sip my Gin and Tonic. That salad I had at my desk two hours ago definitely was no longer in my stomach.

Just ten more pounds, and I'd be able to give this crazy diet crap up.

I sighed as I saw Max and Geno strut through the door. Though I hoped by being here I could stop whatever trouble they got into. Dani squealed as she saw them and instantly switched topics.

"I can't believe the guys are here! Abs, did you see them!?"

"Yes, Dani, I saw. But the last thing I want to do tonight, is work at keeping Maxime Talbot and Evgeni Malkin out of trouble." I sighed turning to look at her directly. "No ideas, Danielle. He's horrible for you!"

"You don't even know him, Aberleigh!" She sighed. I watched as her eyes suddenly saddened. "I can't believe they got him to leave his house! Mary heard he basically glued himself to the couch."

"Mary shouldn't gossip like that, and who on Earth are you talking about." I turned back to the boys and saw a small guy, sitting hunched over on the couch. Oh my, it wasn't just any guy. It was Marc-Andre. "Poor kid..." I sighed as he looked so sad, almost put out as Max paraded a beautiful woman and plopped her down next to him. "Honestly, how obsurd. See, Dani, do you want a guy that doesn't let his own friend mourn?" She smiled and shrugged as we watched Max scold Marc into talking to this girl.

"He's trying to lift his spirits, it's cute."

"Yah, cute." I brought my glass to my lips and found that it was empty. I turned back to the bar and waited impatiently for the bar tender so I could order another. I heard a throat clear behind me just as the bar tender was headed towards me. I ignored the voice again as it tried to get my attention.

"I wouldn't -" I heard Danielle's voice before a hand gripped the top of my arm and spin me around.

"What the hell!" I demanded as I turned to be face to face with Max.

"I need you to come with me." He grinned his hand still gripping my arm.

"I need you to take your hands off me." I seethed trying to wrench free.

"We can do this the hard way, or the easy way."

"Max, I have no interest in-"

"It's not me." He interupted me. "I'm not taking no for an answer, are you coming or not?" I sighed and nodded, resigned to my fate. There goes my drink too. Damnit! He took his hand off my arm, but before I could escape he had slung his arm over my shoulders. I mouthed for Dani to save me, but she just smiled as he carried me off, bitch.

I sighed as he quickly led me to the feet of Marc-Andre, like a cat bringing home a present in the form of a dead bird.

"Flower! Flower! Alright so… you said no random chicks, meet… the non-random chick." His grin grew as I scowled at him. Frist he throws off the press confrence and now he thinks I'll be the lay to help out his friend? Give me a break.

I saw Marc look at me awkwardly as Max plopped me on the couch next to him and motioned to Geno to follow him. We sat in surprisingly comfortable silence for a while, before Marc finally spoke.

"Umm... I'm Marc..." He spoke softly, almost shyly. I almost smiled, through the uncomfortableness.

"Yes, I know who you are. My name’s Aberleigh Micheals, I’m a PR rep for the Penguins… I work for Mr. Lemieux." I cringed slightly at my tone when I heard what I had said. My goodness, what am I a robot or something? I scanned the bar again and saw, NO WAY! Get away from her Maxime Talbot! Damn it! I know Danielle won't go anywhere.

"Crush on, Talbot?" His voice cut through my minds death threat to Max causing me to turn to face him swiftly, shocked.

"What?" My mind ran through what he said, causing me to laugh. "Max? Oh... Oh no! Believe me, not my type at all. The girl he's hitting on is my bestfriend."

"And you're worried." He smiled slightly, the first facial expression he's probably shown.

"Wouldn't you be?" I watched him as he turned his face into a knowing grimace, causing me to laugh gently. "Trust me, I've been covering up for him for a while now... I know what he's capable of and I don't plan on letting him hurt my friend."

"It's a noble plan, although she might have other plans." He laughed softly nodding back towards the troublesome couple. I jerked my head back to see Max successfully leading Danielle towards the door.

"Ugh... no way!" I exclaimed pushing myself up off the couch and moving to follow them.

"I'll come with you. I don't want to be here anyways." I heard him call after me. I paused smiling towards him as we both hurried out the door.

"Dani!" I called after her the moment we were out of the bar. "Dani, come on. We're leaving." I sighed striding towards her.

"We're leaving too Max..." Marc's voice cut through behind me. I turned back and gave him a small smile before staring at the new couple. "We'll go get some food or something man... it's getting late." I watched Max suspiciously as he glanced between me and Marc, I'm sure he was planning something.

"Fine." Max announced, his smile growing. "We can leave and grab some food, but only if she comes with us." He grinned pulling Dani closer as she nodding like at idiot at him. Me? I groaned deeply.

"But I'm her drive-"

"Guess you'll just have to come too then." Max grinned wildly staring at me. "You got a car here?" I sighed and nodded as Max giggled like a child. I pushed Dani away from the boys and towards our car, not even knowing where we were going. Having no intentions of going for dinner.

"Damn it, Dani! What were you thinking?" I demanded when we got back to my little Ford Focus.

"What, Abs? I was having fun!" She hiccuped, climbing into the passenger side. "Try doing that every once in a while." She muttered as I closed my door. I looked over at her as I started the car and saw she had quickly passed out. Thank god.

It'll make it easier to explain to Max why we didn't go out. I had the feeling this wasn't the last time I would hear about tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect chapter title! I feel so bad for Aberleigh and Marc, who are both being roped in to this disastrous night against their wills.

    But hey, their night's sure going better than mine! With Talbo orchestrating the night, who knows what'll happen next?!

    ReplyDelete