Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not everyone is ok...

I stood there, statuesque, as his lips gently pressed against mine. I shivered slightly at the electricity that shot down my spine as I began to kiss him back. Our tongues battled for dominance in a beautiful dance. I leaned closer to him, giving myself to this sensation; forgetting everything that happened mere hours before. He stepped away, too soon, and looked down at me.

"Can we try this again... movies at my place?" I paused, was I ready to go back there? Would she randomly appear again? Would he take off after her? Woah, Aberleigh... You're thinking too hard.


"Only if you promise to change the locks."I grinned as I heard him let go of his breath in relief; he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I could get used to this...

"Anything for you." He grinned down at me leading me down the hallway. I turned to look back at the locker room to see Sindey and Max watching us closely. Sidney smiled genuinely nodding his head in approval. Max, on the other hand, sent a very obvious sign of his approval with a thumbs up. I shook my head at them, unable to wipe the grin that had be plastered onto my face. I don't think I could have been happier if I tried.

I climbed into the SUV as he held the door open. There was something funny about his expression. Like he wasn't telling me something. It didn't matter. He'd tell me when he was ready. I jumped at the shock I got when he placed his hand at the back of my neck. I sighed softly as he began to massage it, relaxing against him.

"Abby, I need..." I looked over at him concerned. I reached over and squeazed his knee reassuringly.

"You need what?" I asked gently. He was scaring me slightly and I was trying desperately to keep that out of my expression. He, on the other hand, looked like a trapped rabbit looking for a way out. He sighed letting his face relax and the panicked look in his eyes disappeared.


"You... I need you." He grinned and leaned towards me, stealing my lips with his again. I could kiss this man forever... Who needs food? I'd finally be skinny. I took hold of his coat and pulled him even closer to me, intensifying the kiss. We jumped apart at a loud knock on the window. I glanced over Marc's shoulder to see Jordan grinning like an idiot at us.

"Get a room!" He called before heading to his truck. We laughed in embaressment as the rest of the team wandered by taping the windows and calling out to us.


"About time..." "Way to go, Flower!" Echoed through the window as I covered my now beet red face with my hands.

"Those guys..." Marc nervously chuckled, waiting for the crowd to clear so we could leave the parking lot.




"I'm picking the movie this time." I announced as we walked up the stairs to his house.


"Do I have a choice in that?" He asked laughing as I headed towards his DVDs. I turned smirking at him as I shook my head. "Figures..." I turned back to the row of discs and studied it intently. AHA! I didn't think he'd have this one. I handed him the case and he stared at it for a second. "Are you sure?" He looked up at me, his eyes dancing playfull.

"Of course. It's my favourite." I shrugged, flopping onto the couch as he moved to put the disc in.

"Are you going to cry?" He asked, coming back to the couch and cuddling up with me. I laughed as he stared at me expectantly.

"Probably." I shrugged. "Now, shush. It's starting." We stayed curled up on the couch through the duration of the movie. And yes... I did cry. As expected. Once he realized my tears were falling he turned in my arms and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Abby... It's okay... Jude comes back.." He whispered up at me.

"I know... It's..." I sighed heavily. "Shush. Crying is part of my Across the Universe exprience." He chuckled as we both turned back to the screen. Once the movie was finished I quickly stole the remote and started the making of video in the special features.

"Shush." I chided as Marc groaned. "We either watch this, or I have to go home." He mumble a quick "Fine" and snuggled back down.



I must have fallen asleep halfway through the documentary because next thing I knew I was waking up alone in a strange bed with a large box next to me. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before taking the note off of the box.

To the girl who could outshine the brightest 'diamonds in the sky' and the one I want to give 'all my lovin'' to, 'it won't be long... all you need is love'.
Can't wait to see you in this...
Marc
PS. 'I wanna hold your hand'"

I laughed at the corniness of the note as I lifted the lid off of the box to reveal a beautiful ruby red 50's pinup style dress.

"Oh my..." I sighed pulling it out and holding it against me. It looked like the right size. My phone rang shrilly beside me and I picked it up slowly. "Hello?"

"Abbs! What the hell?" Dani's voice yelled through the ear piece. "I had to find out from Max!"

"Calm down, Dani." I laughed writing a quick note back to Marc before heading downstairs. "Come and get me and I'll fill you in as you drive me home."

"Fine. Where are you?" I rattled off the address to her and hung up quickly. I slid into her car as soon as she pulled up, placing the box in the backseat. "Ooh... What's that?" She cooed excitedly.

"A dress... Although I'm not sure what for." I laughed at the crazy ideas Danielle was coming up with as we pulled up to my house.

"Right, Dani... It's for Skates and Plates. You know I'm too busy to attend that. I'm too involved in the background work." I rolled my eyes climbing out of her car and taking the box out of her back seat. "I'll see you at work, Dani."

"Are you coming to the game tonight?" I shook my head sadly. "I need to catch up on some stuff. But I'll hopefully see you guys later. I told Marc to find me after the game." She nodded indifferently as I headed up the stairs and into my front room.

"Where the hell were you?" Braeden's voice spooked me from the living room, causing me to drop the dress.

"Jesus, Brae! Are you trying to kill me?!" I demanded as I gripped my chest. "I was out. And it's none of your business where I was."

"You were with that Marc-Andre, weren't you?" He mocked Marc's accent as he said his name snidely.

"If I was?" I arched an eyebrow staring him down.

"He had you in tears, Aberleigh! Hysterical, fight for your life, and giving up, tears." I sighed and scooped up the dress.

"It was a simple misunderstanding, Braeden." I started towards the upstairs trying to escape him. "But thanks for your concern... Dad..."

Once upstairs I hung the dress lovingly, so it wouldn't wrinkle in the box. I started the shower and allowed the water to heat up. As I waited I stepped on the scale, a focal point in my bathroom. 112lbs. Okay for most. But I felt heavy in my 5'3" frame. Ok... No dinner. I scolded myself for giving in to the bowl of pasta a couple of nights ago. I jumped into the now scolding hot shower, hoping it will take the negative thoughts away.

1 comment:

  1. "Who needs food? I'd finally be skinny."
    Loved this line. Although she's tiny and crazy.

    Ahh! These two are just so adorable together. I want Abbs to dress up for MAF now. Oh, *sigh*, it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete