Monday, September 21, 2009

Something

Aberleigh-

I stared at the doors of the Holiday Inn as Marc pulled me towards the receptionist desk.

“What are we doing here?” He didn't respond. He wanted me to forgive him, but he wouldn't give me a plain, straight answer?

“Hi, I'm wondering what room Vero Larosse is in?” I barely heard his question as I watched the girl behind the counter fawn at him. You have got to be kidding me. I bit back a growl of impatience and jealousy as the question sunk into my mind. Nuh uh... No way! I am not going up there.

“215, Mr. Fleury,” the girl behind the counter sighed, batting her lashes even harder. It wouldn't take that much time to pluck put each one of those eyelashes out. I dug my heels into the floor fruitlessly as Marc began to drag me towards the elevators.

“Marc, why are you doing this to me?” I cried desperately, I didn't want to be here. Why couldn't he dump me in private! Why must everything be a scene! “Why would you take me here?” I tried to pull my hand out of his grip as we got closer to the room... 209... 211... 213... “Marc, no... NO!” I hissed as he slammed his hand against 215. I could hear the two voices inside instantly stop talking. Oh god.... I tried to take a step behind Marc to hide from Vero's icy glare as she answered the door. I watched her smile widely seeing Marc. I knew it... I turned to leave, trying again to pull my hand away, no use. Marc pulled me out next to him, causing her smile to drop instant. Great... Now I'm cat food. I watched shocked as she went to slam the door on his face. Can't she see she's won? I was even more shocked we he stopped the door easily with his hand. Wow... He sure was strong... I gulped silently as the temperature seemed to increase slightly. He pulled me into the room with him after Vero and offered the bed closest to the door for me to sit. I watched as Amanda nervously glanced between the three of us.

“Alright so...” Marc stared at Amanda before she finally buckled under his glare and left quietly. “We need to figure something out here... and we need to do it now.” I heard him talk as I studied the carpet. I didn't even want to be here, let alone discussing anything with anyone. “Vero... I'm sorry that you're miserable, but this isn't my fault. You left... but that's over and done now. I've moved on with my life and you need to do the same. I love you... you were my best friend for the longest time, but I'm not in love with you anymore.” What? I jerked my face up to see his as he spoke, his gaze strictly set on her. Did I hear that right? Was my mind playing tricks on me? Please don't be tricks! “We aren't together, and we won't ever be together... you need to accept that.” Oh... my... god... I shifted my gaze back to the floor as he started to turn to me. I wasn't quite ready to forgive him... yet. “Abby, I'm sorry that you got brought into this... I'm sorry that I didn't tell you the truth, and that I hurt you like that... I can't stand here and tell you how I'm going to make this right, but if you stick around I'll put everything into finding a way.” My heart gushed... Wide open flood gates of heaven, gushed. Don't stop talking...

“I'm not going to sit here and listen to-” She started before Marc stepped right on it.

“Yes you are.” I turned to him shocked. I had never heard him raise his voice before. It was kind of hot... “I don't deserve this Vero... I don't deserve to have you continuously fucking around with my life. I didn't do anything to you... when we were together I gave you everything. You left and that was your decision. So here's what's going to happen.” He turned to look at us both, I bit my lip to keep a smile from forming on my lips, finally he settled on her. “You can either be in my life, as a friend, or not at all. I'm gonna spend a very long time trying to convince Abby to stay with me;” If he continued like this... it wouldn't take much. “And if it works... you will not ever say anything mean or hurtful to her again; and you will not just show up anymore... that's not your house anymore.” I couldn't see her reaction, I was too riveted to Marc. They spoke gently to each other in French, meaning I understood very little. Damn high school Spanish! I did catch one thing... My breath caught as Vero spoke two of the very few words I understood in French.

“Je t’adore…” I turned my glance from him to her as he said something else. I cringed lightly as I met her gaze, as she looked up at me. I turned back to Marc as he took my hand again and pulled me up off the bad, smiling.

“You're going to be ok, Vero, you know that right?” He whispered gently before leading me back out of the door; and the hotel.

I watched out of my window, refusing to look at him, knowing as soon as I did I'd forgive him completely. I just needed to go back to my library and be mad at him again. It was lonely... but at least I knew I could get over that. I watched as my street passed us.

“Marc...” I finally turned to face him as we drove. “Shouldn't you be taking me home?” He grinned like a small boy; it honestly took everything in me to keep from grinning back. I was still mad at him. I think.

“Remember... I'm supposed to be making this up to you...”

“I never said that I was going to take you back.” I stated scornfully, more mad at myself as a blush engulfed my cheeks. I wanted to be mad, damn it! I moved back to stare out my window, desperately trying not to think about what he said in the hotel. What did he say to her...? I'd have to ask Kris later... Abby est mon monde entier maintenant. I sighed as we stopped in the driveway and I reluctantly got out of the SUV. I crossed my arms as Marc tried the door, pulled out his keys and chuckled.

“Well, shit...”

“What?” I really didn't see the humor of standing outside at the end of October; it was cold out here. He turned to me looking sheepish.

“I’m locked out…” I laughed softly as he held up his keys in disbelief.

“Marc, your key is right there, I can see it.” He pulled out his phone, quickly dialing numbers.

“No, I had the locks changed today… Max is the only one with the key now.” Max? Wait… He changed the locks? I bit the corner of my lip gently, he had to do this too me… “Hey man! Yah, I need a key to my house…” I could hear Max laugh on the other side of the phone. At least someone was being entertained. I watched as he took a seat on the steps. I guess Max is going to be a bit. I sighed gently as I sat next to him, far enough away that we weren’t in anyway touching. I felt myself being slid over to him and I sighed knowing I couldn’t fight against my heart. I smiled softly and to myself as I placed my head on his shoulder.

I was half asleep by the time Max finally arrived with the keys. I stood slowly brushing off the back of my jeans as I stood slowly; walking into the house behind the boys. I turned to say goodbye to Max as he handed me a key. Me? I looked up at Marc who just stared at Max. Did he want me to have one?

“What makes you think that I’m going to trust you with a key to my house?” Wait! Max has a key? That could mean trouble…

“I never said you were… just letting you know I have one now!” He laughed jogging down the stairs and towards his car. “You guys have fun tonight, I’m jealous… make-up sex is the best!” Oh god… I cringed, turning away from them to hide my blush, and headed slowly into the house.
I walked like a zombie up towards his bedroom; something was different, drastically different… I stopped abruptly in the hallway as I noticed. The pictures were gone! All of them. “Redecorating?”

“Umm… yah… I was actually thinking of redoing the house…” I turned to look at him, shocked. “Interested in helping out? I kind of suck at style, and matching… and… shopping in general…” I laughed softly at him collapsing on his bed. He told me he’d be back, causing me to nod. I didn’t catch the full sentence; I was too busy staring at the almost empty wall. Only three pictures remained. One of his family with the cup, one of the team, and one of Marylene, just on her own.

“It’s so blank now…” I whispered hearing him come back into the room.

“We’ll just have to fill them up again…” He whispered. I felt my resolve to be mad at him dissolve as tears flowed easily from my eyes. Why did this guy have to be so damned perfect? “Abbs…” He sighed and I felt the bed shift with his weight as he made his way to me. “I’m so sorry… I’m so sorry that I-“ I pressed my lips frantically to his, I didn’t want to hear it. I wasn’t mad. I was… I didn’t know what I was… I just felt as I wrapped my hands on the back of his neck pulling him closer to me.

He moved us gently so he was lying on top of me. All of my senses felt heightened, the touch of his hands on my sides were sending wild shivers up and down my spine, the taste of his lips couldn’t compare to the sweetest chocolate. My heart raced out of control as he lifted his body off of mine, both of us painfully aware of the other person. I sighed staring at the ceiling trying to regulate my heart and breath.

Almost as soon as I had collected myself again, he rolled over and began gently kissing along my jaw. Not fair! I’m still supposed to be mad. I think…. I turned my face towards him, forcing him to stop.

“What do we do now?” It seemed almost cruel asking that in light of everything that had happened in the last few hours. My own gaze softened as I saw the light in his, like I was the only thing he could see.

“Maintenant je tombe amoureux de vous…” He whispered huskily, if I was standing my legs probably would have given out. I loved how words sounded in his first language, so soft… I just wished I knew what it meant…

“What does that mean?” I whispered, my voice catching in my throat.

“I’ll show you,” he whispered leaning down to kiss me again. I turned my face away from him last minute to catch the yawn that escaped my lips, unwanted.

“I’m sorry…” I whispered curling into him, still fully dressed. “Can I take a rain cheque?” He nodded, as his grin slowly returned.

“Only if you promise to let me take you out for lunch tomorrow,” he whispered into my hair, lifting me gently to place me under the covers.

“Anything…” I whispered letting my eyes drift closed as he pulled me closer to him.



The next morning I opened my eyes slowly smelling… roses? I glanced around the room to see vase upon vase filled to the brim with beautiful, blood red, roses. I giggled lightly at the carpet of rose pedals I gently stepped on as I got out of bed. I followed the trail down into the kitchen where another heavenly smell was being emitted. I bit my lip against the smile forming at the sight before me. Marc was standing at the stove in a t-shirt, gym shorts and an apron. He looked so domesticated. I snuck up behind him slowly before snaking my arms around his waist and pressing my cheek onto his back.

“Smells, yummy...” I whispered softly, breathing in his smell.

“You're supposed to be in bed still.” He chuckled softly as he spun to face me in my arms.

“Couldn't sleep anymore.” I shrugged staring up at him, “the roses are gorgeous.” He shrugged as I stood on my tip toes and kissed the underside of his jaw. “Thank you.” I whispered before letting him go and tying my hair into a knot. Before I knew it he had me spun back into his arms and his lips found mine hungrily. I squealed in shock but quickly let myself go to the sensations he was creating with just his kiss.

“Good morning...” He whispered grinning as he kissed my forehead and let me go slowly.

“Good morning...” I breathed lightly, slowly sitting at the raised island to watch him cook. “What are you making?”

“It's a surprise, nosy...” He grinned over his shoulder, hiding the stove from me. I laughed at him as I waited patiently for him to finish cooking. Minutes later he slid a plate of paper thin pancakes filled with... I sniffed the air lightly.. Bananas... mmm... And covered in heavy cream. I sighed gently at them, thinking of how many calories this would be. The cream was going to kill me. “They're crepes..” He smiled brightly, waiting for me to try it. I smiled uneasily and took a small bite of one. It... was... phenomenal! I moaned softly before quickly taking a bigger forkful. “Abby... Slow down, you're going to make yourself sick.” I swung my head to meet his eyes in shock. What did he say? I swallowed my mouthful slowly.

“Pardon?” I half choked out.

“If you eat like that.. You're going to be sick.. Just slow down a bit. There's lots.” He smiled as I resumed eating at a slower pace. “So... I have to leave for practice right away, but I was thinking... I'll drop you off at home... You can let Braeden know I didn't kill you, or you didn't kill me... and maybe.. you might... pack a bag? I'll pick you up after practice for lunch?” He moved from one speed to another so quickly in that small amount that it was like watching someone playing with the fast forward and slow motion buttons on the remote. I laughed softly at him.

“I think I could handle that.” I grinned eating the last two bites of the crepes and basically licking the cream of my plate.

“I'm glad you like crepes, Abby.” He smiled taking my plate and putting it in the dishwasher along with his. “Maman makes them every morning. But it's fresh creme.” I giggled at the sound of the words out of his mouth. But almost a week of those? Oh my... It's ok... Do what you have to do...



I waved at him as he drove off after dropping me off at the house. I quickly checked the garage to ensure Braeden wasn't home before running up to my master bathroom. Before I did anything I quickly stepped onto the bathroom scale. 105... Up 3 lbs... I sighed and took a deep breath before leaning over my toilet.



I sat on my front steps in a simple high-waisted pencil skirt with a pale pink blouse and my heavy Inuit parka. It seemed to get colder and colder around here. My smile grew as I saw his familiar Range Rover pulling up down my street. I shivered involuntarily as I moved into the heat of the car.

“Cold?” He questioned rubbing my arm through the coat.

“Winter comes earlier every year.” I smiled softly over at him.

“Well, you're in for a treat then.” He grinned mischievously. What was he up to? I relaxed slowly as his hand moved up to my neck massaging it gently.

“Mmmm.” I sighed, letting my mind run through what I had packed again. Everyday clothes... Game clothes... that little black thing Danielle insisted I buy myself over Christmas last year. It might finally get so action. I sighed glancing over at Marc as he removed his hand from my neck and took my hand gently, kissing the back of it.

He motioned for me to wait in the SUV as he ran around it, opening my door and lifting me down easily.

“Ready?” He whispered into my hair, wrapping my arm in with his. I giggled lightly, nodding as I allowed him to lead me into the house. I was completely blown away at the sight he had created in his front room. There was roses every where! And in every colour. And candles scattered around the room, and even up every other stair, casting a beautiful muted light throughout.

“Oh Marc...” I breathed soaking it all in as he took my coat and my bag before leading me upstairs slowly. He opened the door to the guest bedroom and pulled me gently inside. “What are you-” I was silenced by the finger he gently placed on my lips.

“I'm cashing in that rain cheque.” He grinned. “Open the box, put everything on, and I'll come and get you when I'm ready...” I raised an eyebrow at him warily, but my worries were quickly washed away as he pecked my lips before disappearing. I turned to the large box, giggling at the scribbled note on top.

Somewhere in her smile she knows,
That I don't need no other lover.
Something in her style that shows me.
I don't want to leave her now...


I'm sure you'll look “wonderful tonight” in this.
-Marc


I laughed softly at his mixed band metaphor. But also realizing the reference was two songs written by two men for one woman. Lucky woman. I slowly lifted the lid to find a beautiful black silk kimono style short robe and... A blindfold? I chuckled as I did as I was instructed and slipped out of my clothes and into the robe. He obviously bought the robe more for himself as it barely came to the middle of my thighs, causing me to blush slightly. He knocked gently before stepping into the room, in his own robe.

“C'mon, Abby. Put on the blindfold..” He whined slightly, sliding the blindfold over my eyes and plunging my world into darkness. He took my hand and led me slowly across the hall and into... Where was I? The room echoed slightly... and the smell was divine... like honeysuckle and roses, with a little bit of orange blossom. He slowly lifted my blind fold to reveal his bathroom covered with candles, leading up to a gigantic tub filled with bubbles and flower petals.

“Oh Marc... It's gorgeous!” I sighed as he took the top of the robe in his hands.

“I won't peak... I promise...” He whispered causing me to laugh as I slowly slid the robe off, I turned to see if he was peaking just before I slid into the bubbles, true to his word he held the robe up past his face.

“You can look now, Marc...” I sighed blissfully as he lowered my robe, placing it on the hanger behind the door. “You know...” I glanced around me before turning back towards him. “There's more than enough room for two in here...” I bit the corner of my lip as his jaw dropped in shock.

“A... are you sure?” He stumbled over his words as I nodded.

“Don't worry...” A sultry smile played on my lips. “I won't look...” He chuckled softly as I covered my eyes with my hand and turned my head. True to my word, I didn't look until I felt his leg slide up next to mine and he too gave a contented sigh. I opened my eyes briefly to smile at him before lying back against the ceramic. I moaned softly as he took my foot in his hands rubbing it softly. This was heaven. He worked a few minutes each foot before slowly working up my legs, pulling me closer and closer to him. By the time he had reached my thighs I was straddling him in the tub, my top half now completely out of the water, being covered only by a few bubbles. He looked me in the eyes hesitantly before slowly brushing the bubbles of my left breast. I sighed gently against the sensation before leaning into to capture his lips in a searing kiss.

I pulled myself even close to him as mouth quickly moved from mine trailing down my neck and finding the weakest spot on my collarbone. I could help but moan against him and allow him to lean me back against his raised knees as his tongue trailed from my collarbone to circle my left nipple. I gasped slightly as he it took my nipple between his teeth. He paused looking up at me, worried. I smiled softly, running my hand through his gorgeous hair. I couldn't think, let alone talk. I moaned gently as he began to suck on my nipple, rolling the other between his thumb and forefinger. I pulled him away from my chest to steal his mouth in another kiss. This time it was me who stole away first, trailing my one hot kisses down his neck, over his adam's apple and settling for a moment on his collarbone.

“Flower? Abbs?? Where the hell are you guys?!” Max's voice pierced through my ear before he came into view. My head jerked up hitting Marc directly on the chin as we both panicked hearing the door knob turning slowly.

“You think they're in there, Max?” Jordan's voice cut through the air. Shit! Where they ALL here?

“I know they are!” Max exclaimed, pushing the door open just in time for Marc to grab us both a towel off of the rack.

“MAX!” He screamed at his friend. “Get the hell out of here!” I turned beat red as I buried my head into Marc's chest.

“C'mon, Flower. PAR-TAY!” Max cried dancing in the door way. “Hi Abbs.” I waved slightly from behind Marc, feeling too mortified to talk. “Put some clothes on... and come downstairs. The guys are here!” Max instructed as he turned to leave. Leaving, in his wake, the door wide open.

Marc stepped out of the tub gently and offered his hand to help me out, which I took gratefully.
“I guess we should get dressed...” He sighed into my wet hair as he hugged me tightly against him.

“Do we have a choice?” I asking, clinging to him just as tightly.

“I don't think we do...” He chuckled, it reverberating through me as I sighed and pulled away from him.

“See you downstairs?” I smiled as he kissed me softly.

“Not unless I see you first.” I laughed pulling away, smiling at him lovingly.

“You're such a dork, Marc-Andre.”

3 comments:

  1. I had a couple lines picked out to quote, but I absolutely cannot now.

    Totally speechless. Mouth agape, staring at the screen.

    So, I love Max, but hatehatehate him right now. That bathroom scene was hot. This is where MAF needs to get forceful again and kick out the guys and have his way with Abby. Just sayin'.

    INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I want a MAF! I'll even take Vero as his x if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marc needs to take Max's key away!!!! Great update!

    ReplyDelete