Saturday, September 26, 2009

Most Definitely YES

Aberleigh-

Sunday, with the bags packed in Marc's Range Rover and Marc and Braeden in the kitchen eating with Lucy and Emma, I took the advantage to talk to my father, about Marc. I found him sitting in a large wing backed chair in his study, reading the Sunday Times. I tread across the room softly, sitting in the chair next to him.

“So... Daddy...” I started, unsure of how to continue... What if I didn't like his answers....? “What did you think of Marc?” I smiled at him tentatively as he folded his paper into his lap. My smile faltered slightly as his hands folded, and his forefingers sat thoughtfully in front of his lips.

“I think Marc's a great guy, Princess.” He stared of in space as my smile strengthened slightly. “But I don't think he's the right guy for you.” He finally turned to look at me at the same time I turned to study my fingernails. “What about the McCallum's boy, Aberleigh? He's a lawyer now you know.” I scoffed softly at the thought of William McCallum. “Marc... He can't support you like William can. William would give you the life you've always wanted.”

William has been a raging alcoholic since we were sixteen years old, Daddy.” I spat meeting his gaze with fire in my eyes. “Marc has and still is giving me the life I want. I'm free to work... I never have to worry about where he is or who he's with. His friends like me. Danielle likes him! Hell, Daddy, he's even won Braeden over!” I stood abruptly from my chair and began to pace the length of the room.

Aberleigh Michaels. Don't you ever raise your voice to me. Now I want you to go back to Pittsburgh and pack the house up and come home, do you understand me?” He stood from his chair and took a step towards me making me shrink back slightly. I took a deep breath before straightening up and staring him in the eyes.

“Daddy, I'm not asking your permission to date Marc.” I turned towards the door to leave as he opened his mouth to speak, I turned back with my hand on the door knob. “If you want me out of the house... That's fine. I'll find something else. I'll be out before Christmas.” I shook my head at him sadly walking out of the study before he could respond. Marc and Braeden met me at the front door, causing me to crash into Marc's arms.

“Everything ok, babe?” He asked concerned, brushing my hair away from my face.

“It is now...” I smiled up at him, pulling up onto my tip toes for a kiss. Braeden groaned next to us, leaving the house to meet us at the SUV. “So... I was thinking...” I started as we headed down the front steps. “I want to start my own company.” I looked over at him shyly, as shock absorbed into his face.

“Your own company?” He questioned opening the door for me. “Like a private PR firm?” I nodded as he rounded the Rover and climbed in. “Why? Abby... You don't have to work, if you don't want to...” I turned from him to the house and back to him again.

“Marc, I want to work. I love my job. I love what I do, and I'm good at it.” I can't believe he's taking my dad's standpoint on this! He held up his hands in submission as he turned on the vehicle and pulled out of the driveway.

“If you're happy, Abby... I'm happy.” He smiled as I took his hand for the long journey home.
I looked up sadly at my house as we stopped in the driveway. Braeden hoped out of the backseat grabbing his bag. I sighed gently before turning to Marc sitting in the driver's seat.

“Could you do me a favour, Marc?” He furrowed his brow in concern as he pulled away from the house and towards his own.

“Anything... Abby, what's going on?” He looked over at me concerned, I smiled softly taking his hand and squeezing it gently.

“Apparently, my father's decided that I am no long welcome in any house that he owns, so I have to be out by Christmas...” Ok.. So he didn't say that.. But I don't want to be in any house that he owns anymore. He looked over at me shocked.

“He kicked you out?” I nodded gently as we turned down his street. “Why?” I sighed deeply, staring out of the window. I really didn't want to tell him about what my father had said.

“Because, I'm not the daughter he apparently thought I was...”

“Oh...” We lapsed into our first uncomfortable silence ever, but what was I supposed to say to that? Marc... My father hates you, and hates the fact that I love you, so he kicked me out. Yah right! I sighed deeply as we pulled into Marc's driveway. “You could move in here...” I stopped suddenly, even my brain quit working. Did he just ask me to move in? “I mean... you're here anyways... Then you don't have to worry about looking for something else...” I slowly turned to look at him. His face was wrought with worry and doubt. I wanted to make those feelings disappear.

“Are you sure?” His gaze lifted to mine quickly, trying to read my own facial expressions.

“Of course I am...” He smiled brightly as I nodded slowly.

“Then I'd love to.” I laughed softly as he ran around the SUV to envelope me in his arms, and subsequently carry me, and all of our bags over the threshold. “MARC! You're going to hurt yourself!” I laughed as he finally set me down just inside the door.

“I got excited...” He grinned stealing my mouth in searing kiss. I tangled my fingers into his hair as he quickly pushed me against the now closed door. I squealed and giggled as he lifted me off of the ground, causing me to wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him closer to me. I entwined my fingers through his hair, moaning into his kiss as he ran his fingers up my sides to the lace edges of my bra. My hands moved by themselves as they found the edge of his shirt. I broke our kiss momentarily as I ripped his shirt over his head. I sighed as his hands made their way to my ass as he headed towards the stairs. I ran my hands down his now bare arms and chest as he walked us slowly up the stairs. He threw his right arm out to the stair banister as he stumbled on the last stair. We broke our kiss as we both laughed at the situation. “Sorry...” He whispered.

“For what?” I returned softly, running my finger down his cheek. “You know...” I grinned as he stared at me confused. “That bed of yours is a lot more comfortable than the staircase...” Marc chuckled as he nuzzled against my collarbone.

Our bed...” He whispered, kissing my collarbone.

“Our bed...” I smiled as he moved up the last stair as there was a knock at the door. “Ignore it...” I whispered biting the top of his ear gently as we fell onto the bed.

“What if it's Max?” He groaned as I continued my assault down his ear.

“He wouldn't have knocked...” I reasoned as he moaned gently egging me on. I pulled away from him quickly as he pulled my shirt over my head, cupping my bra in his hands. “Oh, Marc...” I sighed as his hands moved to play with the waistband of my jeans.

“I don't know why they just don't leave the door unlocked!” Max's voice flooded up the stairs to us as Marc howled in aggravation. I sighed softly, nuzzling against his shoulder as I chuckled at our horrible luck. “Abbs! Marc! Come on down! Or I'm comin' up!” Max called from the bottom of the stairs. I leaned up and kissed Marc quickly, before throwing my shirt back on and running downstairs to find Max, Kris and Danielle sitting on the couches in the living room. “We're here to shop.” Max announced leaning back on the couch.

“Well... Max is...” Kris laughed, ducking the pillow that came flying at this head. “We're here to keep you company.” Danielle nodded as she smiled over at Kris softly. What was this...? I grinned as Marc finally appeared behind me, hugging me tightly.

“Well, come on Flower! This was your SOS...” Max reasoned standing from the couch. I looked over my shoulder at Marc curiously as he shrugged noncommittally. “Sid sent me the bat signal. They're on their way there. Let's go! Abbs is in safe hands here.” Max grinned shooing Marc away from me. I turned to Max and glared at him before turning to Marc slowly.

“Why are you shopping?” I took his shirt in my hands and kissed him lightly.

“Oh... Just this really hot girl I'm seeing... You see I need to get her something great for Christmas... And I'm hopeless so...” He laughed returning my small kisses.

Mmm... Do I get to meet her soon?”

“Maybe...” He kissed me once more before heading out the door with Max. I sighed softly before folding myself into the plush chair across from the couch, just then realizing that Kris and Dani's hands were entangled.

“What's goin' on guys...?” I grinned widely.

“Well, we're supposed to keep you distracted while your boyfriend shops for you.” Dani shrugged as Kris nudged her shoulder with his own. “What? She's bound to find out anyways!”

“It's for Christmas...” Kris reasoned as Dani rolled her eyes at him. I nodded thoughtfully, thankful I had already purchased his gift, just before leaving for New York. “How was Thanksgiving?”

“Awful...” I groaned. “Speaking of Thanksgiving, and having time to burn... You guys want to help me pack?” They looked between each other and then to me confused. “My father doesn't like the thought that I'm dating Marc, so... he disowned me and I told him I'd be out of the house before Christmas. Marc asked me to move in, I said yes; what a better time then now?”

“Then we'd love to help Abbs.” Kris grinned pulling Dani up off the couch.




Two hours later I found myself in our bedroom surrounded by boxes. I hated moving. I sighed as I emptied another box of clothes into the spacious closet. I had changed into a pair of Princeton sweat pants and an old grubby white t-shirt, my hair was pulled back in a simple pony tail, keeping it out of my eyes. I opened a drawer in his closet organizer, trying to find space for more clothes. I ended up closing it a little harder than I should have and a small black box fell from the top of the closet to my feet.

I should have put the box back... but you know that old adage... Curiosity killed the cat. I slowly picked it up and carried it over to the bed. I held my breath as I opened the lid to reveal the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. My breath caught in my breath as I stared at it. Was this for me? What I ready for this? So soon? My mind wandered to how awkward our relationship started and how good it had become. I was ready... I knew my answered would be yes, as soon as he asked the question. I snapped the box closed as I heard the front door open and the boys, all of them, can traipsing in. I slid the box back at the top of closet before heading quickly downstairs. My grin grew as I saw that Sid, Max and Jordan had started NHL10; trying desperately to convince Marc to play as well. I shook my head slowly moving into the kitchen, thinking of something to cook these four goons for dinner.



I wrapped my arms around Marc's waist as we stood in front of the front door.

“You can't go...” I sighed, burying my face into his chest as he chuckled gently.

“I have to go... but I'll see you soon. I have to go to Toronto...” He sighed lifting my face gently to kiss me. “I'll see you in four days.”

“Fly safe... Call me when you land?” I pouted, causing him to laugh again.

“Of course, babe. For you, anything.” He kissed me once more before heading towards the door.

“Good luck on your meetings, Abby.”

“Good luck with your games, Marc.” I blew him a kiss as Max honked the horn outside.




I pulled my toque tighter over my ears as I dragged my bag towards the arrivals exit. Canada... My first time ever in this country and I was here to meet my boyfriend's parents.

“Abby!” I heard his voice before I saw him, waving at me from the edge of the crowd, his hat pulled down low over his eyes. Two other people standing around him. Those must be his parents. “Abby...” He breathed me in, as soon as I was a reachable distance away.

“Marc... Your parents are right there...” I whispered moving my face so he would kiss my cheek.

“It's alright...” His dad took a step forward. “We are used to Marc's public displays of affection. Kissing Vero anywhere in the house. Not caring who was around.” I watched Marc as he groaned and blushed deeply at the comment. Making me chuckle slightly in response. “You must be Abby.” He held out his hand which I shook gratefully. “I'm Andre and this is my wife, France.”

“It's a pleasure to meet you both.” I smiled as I moved to shake France's hand as well. She quickly brushed my hand aside and pulled me into a tight hug, kissing both cheeks. Wow... Canadians are definitely different. Marc shook his head as he took my hand again.

“Can we go home now?” He laughed, taking my bag and allowing his parents to lead us out to the car.

1 comment:

  1. Aah! So much happened, I don't even know where to begin. Glad things with MAF's parents are going better than with Abb's. At least for now. And if that ring was what was intended for Vero, he needs a new one to give to Abby. I mean, it's just wrong to give your new gf the ring you got for your old gf. Seriously, Max needs to forfeit that key.

    ReplyDelete