Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What am I getting into?

Aberleigh-

I stood in the back corner of the room trying to quickly write a statement to appease the press and the organization and keep the vultures of the legal department off of my back.

FINALLY! Max and Evgeni walked through the room. I determinedly walked up to them and chased them both back into the corner of the room.

"What the hell were you two bozos thinking!?" I whispered incredulously as the press slowly began to filter in.

"It not our fault." Evgeni sighed, I got that they'd probably been through this story already. "They come after us." I shifted my glare to Max as he simply stared into space, seeming upset... worried... but not at all concerned for what was happening right now. I cleared my throat loudly pulling him out of his thoughts, and causing some of the press to look over.

"Care to join me in this conversation, Mr. Talbot?" I seethed. I knew Max was a party animal but this was crossing the line. Too far buddy, it's my party now.

"Hey, I didn't know the girls were dating those goons. They never said anything and no body threw punches. All's good." He grinned, staring at me. Yes, staring. Like, 'hey I've never noticed how hot you actually are' staring at me. I shifted my own gaze and coughed gently to cover my embarressment.

"Well, when you go up there. Keep it simple. Wrong place, wrong time. No one got hurt. Nothing about punches. Got it?!" Max and Evgeni both nodded; Evgeni sheepishly, Max like he just had the best idea in the world. I didn't want to know.

I turned to the podium and saw that Ray had already started talking about Marc and asking for privacy. My heart ached thinking of how hard this actually might be for him. Most of my relationships were short and not very deep. But even those hurt when they end.

After a few minutes of questioning, Ray discreetly left and I pushed both of the boys towards the podium. Evgeni stood back a little bit allowing Max to take lead on the speaking.

"As I'm sure you've all read, last night at Diesel Evgeni and I got ourselves into a bit of a sticky situation." The crowd chuckled, and I rolled my eyes. Next time, never leave without a script. "It was simply a big misunderstanding, and the gentlemen afterwards were very understanding. Alves, if you're watching. I hope you didn't get roped into one of these too!" He grinned at a camera right infront of him. I cringed but decided not to pull it. It was Max, and beside who knows, maybe that will bring us some cross advertising.

"Wow... He didn't just say that did he?" A voice asked beside me. I jumped and looked over to see Dani standing next to me.

"Jesus, Dani! Don't do that!" I took a few deep breaths as she stood there laughing at me. "You gave me a heart attack!"

"No I didn't. Now come on let's go for drinks. There is a table at the bar with our name on it!" I looked up at the podium as Danielle grabbed my arm and began to drag me out. Max nodded that he'd wrap it up. I looked up at the ceiling and prayed. Please God, let me still have a job on Monday.

1 comment: